Our supplier, Alpha-Cure offers the widest range of original and replacement UV lamps and reflectors for all types of systems.
We want you to get the most out of your UV lamps, here are our TOP TIPS for taking care of them:
- Always wear latex gloves handling the lamp
- Before placing the lamp into the UV system, clean with isopropanol wipes available from your supplier
- For longer lamps, rotate them every 100-200 hours to avoid deformation of the quartz
- Ensure the UV system is clear of all external contamination, such as inks and paper dust, etc.
- Allow the lamp to cool for 5 minutes once the power has been turned off, before you handle the lamp
- Clean the lamp, UV system and reflectors every 500 hours to maintain the longest possible lamp life
- Avoid excessive starts as this can cause contamination due to the electrodes throwing off tungsten into the lamp
- Check lamps periodically, to make sure they are clean and free from distortion
- Check that the electrical connections are tight and not eroded
- Change the reflectors after you’ve replaced a lamp 4 times